Friday, March 24, 2006

Back to our Roots

The ever-wonderful Tall Skinny Kiwi had this to say in a recent post:
The church began with a meal. The Church needs to come back to the kitchen and get itself sorted again. The Church needs to rethink the puny wafer and thimble ritual and get back to the love feast which is a MEAL that takes TIME and happens MORE than once a week and has LEFTOVERS which can given to the POOR (the justice element) and resembles a PARTY that is full of HOPE towards the FEAST that awaits us with our SAVIOR who is not drinking wine until we get there to toast with Him. Jesus said DO THIS in remembrance of me. We would do well to ask "WHAT?"
Still gathering up ideas here, still thinking and wondering. Each time I come across something like this, the lightbulb above my head gets a bit brighter.

TSK really knows how to party church over food - I've been lurking at his feet and absorbing his thoughts since I started blogging. I ain't gonna stop now! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home